TRANSLATE

Sunday, August 7, 2016

About

Hi.  My name is Renee Clark.  I am a wife.  I am a mom of 3 children.  I am a survivor.  And I am a Beachbody Coach.

Who am I?  I'm probably a lot like you.  I am someone who wakes up every day.  I have challenges that I face each day.  I have fun, adventurous days.  I have kid-crazy days.  I have days that I wake up and look forward to, and days I'd rather sleep in.

I'm a scout mom.  I have 2 Boy Scouts and a Girl Scout.

I am an artist.  I love to get my hands dirty, my mind into a zone and create new things.  I am a collage artist.  I am a screenprinter.  I am a scrapbooker.

I am seeking to be STRONG.  I get a little bit stronger each and every day.

About 12 years ago my life changed for the better, but my health changed for the worst. I was pregnant with twins! We were so excited! Within days of my twins being born at weeks (5 lbs. 10 oz. and 6.0 lbs) my body began to shut down. I developed Post-partum Eclampsia. My kidneys were failing. My heart was failing. I was hospitalized with Congestive Heart Failure.

During the past 12 years I have done what I knew how to do to regain my health and my strength. I went to Weight Watchers. I walked a lot. I even walked 3 half-marathons. But, due to a rate dependent Left Bundle Branch Block (LBBB), I was warned to not allow my heart rate to exceed 140 bpm.  That limited my ability to exercise.  In August of 2014 I experienced a 2nd bout with Congestive Heart Failure and was hospitalized again. Again, I was faced with a long road to recovery. In January, 2016, I was cleared by my cardiologist to exercise again. Having gone without any sort of cardio exercise for many years, I was a bit stumped about what to do when I did finally get the OK to work out. Then I learned about the program I am doing now.  And this program is helping me to become healthier and to find my strength once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment